About HIV

Hi, My husband is hiv+ and i am -ve. we want kids our own. give me some useful information: 1.where we will get sperm washing in india for ivf. 2.If my husband CD4 count is more than 500 then we can plan for a child naturally with out any hiv effect to me 3. And finally how much does it cost if we go for IVF

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Unfortunately I don't have any good information as to where in India you can go for IVF nor the cost. In the US it is certainly expensive with each cycle costing in the 10,000 dollar range (with prices varying). In terms of your husband transmitting to you, it is more a function of his viral load and not as dependent on the level of his CD4 count. People with undetectable viral load in the blood have a much lower chance of transmitting HIV to others. Is it totally impossible for such people to transmit the virus? Probably not and some of this may have to do with breaks in HIV therapy and possibly transient increases in the amount of shed virus, like during another sexually transmitted infection (this is theoretical). I would talk with his HIV provider to learn more. If he is not currently on medications to treat his HIV, the risk to you of engaging in unprotected sex to conceive is greater. Take care, LHW

this the 5th time,, please answer dr
Probability and Conclusiveness of HIV test