Dr shannon, please reply
Apr 21, 2013
mom, thanks for replying previous question, i went under "western Blott Test" result is negative, my question is shall i have to under go any other tests like hep or syphilles or etc, thank you.... please reply
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi When you put your health at risk by having unprotected sex you should be tested for all of the sexually transmitted infections. Western Blot is only used for HIV not any of the other STI's.
So yes you should be tested for all of the STI's.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Chlamydia Cause An Abnormal Pap Smear?
- When Do Herpes Symptoms Show Up?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Male Genital Warts?
- What Is The Life Span Of Syphilis?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.