Just Worried

I am a man who had PROTECTED vaginal sex with my new girlfreind on 5th march 2013. Always i have is protected sex with her (before this event also), after few days after 5th March she tested positive. I'm trying to figure out if i am on Risk status and if yes when to get tested??? Please Note....We had Oral to where french kissing and she sucking me condom less occured. Dr your fast responce will be appreciated

Hi A couple of things, first, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Second, oral sex carries the lowest risk of transmission. Last, it is difficult for women to pass the virus on to men, it does occur but it is very low risk. Your risk of HIV transmission is very low.

If you chose to get tested, the guidelines are to be tested initially at 90 days post exposure and as long as no other exposures occurred during this time the results are conclusive.

i accidentally think i ate blood
Re: Risk of HIV infection?