Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Shanon please help 3rd time asking
Apr 18, 2013

Ok i want to start this off by saying I made the biggest mistake of my life on August 17th I had unprotected sex with a woman I met and knew nothing about... I got tested for HIV (4th gen cmia) and hepatitis b and c on August 19th (2days later) I was not educated on windows period back than, everything was negative. Than I got real sick on sept 15th so I went to the e.r. I had pus in the back of my throat bad throat infection and also high fever 102 I told the doc to test me for everything so I got a full scale std check including HIV (4th gen cmia) hep a,b,&c this was 28 days past possible exposure everything was negative. Than I got tested again for hivon nov 15th exactly 90 days with a 4th gen cmia test again negative as well. Than I had my last test on feb 17th (6 months) witch was a finger prick at planned parenthood it was negative... now my question is since I lacked education on window period I haven't been tested for hep c since 28 days past exposure if say I was coinfected with hep c the time of exposure will it delay the window if it was acute hcv and also will it affect the p24 protein portion of the test as well. I keep getting mixed answers and I just want to move on I learned from my mistake and I apreciate any knowledge you can give me

And was the 4th gen test i took 28 days past exposure would of been around the peak of the antigen stage

And am I conclusively negative???

Thank you and godbless

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You are HIV free. Testing guidelines are to be tested at 90 days post day of exposure and as long as no other exposures occurred during this time the test results are conclusive. If Hepatitis B or C were present they would not interfere with the testing results for HIV.

Be well and Stay SAFE! Shannon

Previous
I tried asking Dr wohl but never seen results.
Next
i accidentally think i ate blood

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.