Apr 17, 2013
My girlfriend and I have been having sex for about a month and she recently stopped touching me and told me that lately she has had an odor coming from her vagina. Now I do believe that I have herpes, but I have never slept with her while I was broken out. Is it possible that the symptoms that she is describing could be that I accidently gave her herpes without realizing it Or is it that she has came in contact with some other kind of STD? Please let me know because this is really bothering me.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
She needs to get checked by a clinician.
Your own doctor can talk with you about whether you should take herpes medicine to reduce your risk of transmitting this infection to your partner.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching An Open Scab?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.