MORE Than a prick / PEP

I am a recovering addict - my roommate brought a guy home from the TL in San Francisco. I pissed the guy off bad bc i didn't want the drugs in my apt. Knowing I would be tempted to do them. I kept sayin he wasnt allowed in, made fun of his counterfeit $. Total bitch/ he hated me! Well somehow after we had laid out 5 clean rigs on a clean table. He switched mine out with one of his dull dirty ones he had in his box. HERE IS THE PART TO PAY ATTN TO! He mixed the solution up with this syringe. When my partner stuck in the dull needle, I screamed its dull get it out! He had pull back on it a couple times but don't thing blood came in. When he got it out we freaked because it wasn't one of our short points! Being addicts they assured me if they put back in clean cooker and boiled it it would kill everything. Stupid! Put solution in clean syringe. Now my partner and I terrified. 1). What are chances of HIV/hepc in vein pulling back 2). Would cooking solution boiling kill the HIV/ hep 3). My partner started pep bc he's scared his was prepared with dirty syringe 4) should I be taking combivir? Been taking his and was going to go somewhere today but is it worth it for one or both of us. I hav history of pancreatitis. (Where would u recommend I'm SF. SF Gen would not help me cause I was right at 72 hrs so I just took partners till get more info. Safe than sorry? Thank You in advance. Read all info but this more than a prick!!

It is hard to follow the events exactly but if this was a potentially dirty needle, there is a risk. I agree that at this point so much time has passed that taking PEP would not be expected to offer much and could raise risk of HIV drug resistance if infection were to occur. Don't take your partner's med.

My recommendation is to get tested for HIV now and then in 4 and 12 weeks. You should also be tested for HCV and HBV (if you are not already immune or HBV infected).

6 month 100%
nonoxynol-9 laytex condoms