The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Results of my cd4 cd8 that are low.

Apr 17, 2013

Hi Dr! Thanks again for taking time to help. I have been going through a very hard time trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I know my body something is not right. This all happened 2 weeks after unprotected sex with a iv drug user /sex user. 2 years and 90 so days ago... Sinus infections, ear, bacterial vag, yeast. Strep b now, very tired, skin rashes, excesive dry mouth and bleeding gums with pockets from perodontal disease, throat feels like something stuck. diahera sick alot blood in stool , low RBC. Low platlets 160. WBC high and low all over the place. Low TSH but t3 t 4 ok?! Endo dr said sub clinical? No reason for it yet? My hair is falling out! I'm freaked out!! I have had 10 test HIV 1/2 RNA and DNA both quantitative/ qualitative. Had my immunoglobulins tested a while back all normal. And finally ordered my t-cell 758 cd4 with % being 50.5 cd8 429 % being 28.6 my ratio was 1.77 all normal range but my cd4 758? Does this indicate to you I need further evaluation with HIV? Something is happening could I have rare strain or new? Seems low and feel as if I have some kind of immune system damage. Please for me, what would you do?

Response from Dr. Wohl

A T-cell count of 758 is normal.

Your platelet count of 160 is not. That needs further evaluation as can be seen with many diseases but is not a major feature of HIV.


What do you recommend???
6 month 100%

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint