Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

8th week, upset worried
Apr 17, 2013

hello shanon, hope u well.. dear shanon today is my 8th week of possible exposure.. 2 days ago I had sore throt and then last night I womited much.. dear shanon I WAS SHIVERING LIKE HELL I WAS FEELING TOO COLD THE TEMPRETURE HERE IS 35 CELCIUS INDIA.. NOW AFTER LISNING TO THIS DO U THINK THIS ARE RELATED TO HIV. PLEASE REPLY TO ME

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You didn't give me a lot of information, but from what you have told me, just shivering at night is not a symptom of HIV. For testing, the guidelines are to be tested 90 days post exposure and if there are no other exposures during this time the results of the test are conclusive. I would continue with the course of testing and get tested at the 90 day mark. If you want more of an assessment of your risk, write back and tell us what your exposure was. Or you can go to HIV transmission, on our web page to learn more.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
this is 4th time i am asking question, please reply
Next
Low risk of HIV and the effect of PEP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.