Risk of HIV infection?

Hi Doctor Shannon,

Is it possible for HIV to infect me if my urethra managed to touch some bodily fluids like semen or vaginal fluid in a 5 hours old used condom? (The condom could be 8 hours old or longer) How well does HIV survive in a used condom if the condoms are tied up? I have read that HIV survive in air tight places like syringes. Am I at risk? My urethra might have come into contact with the bodily fluids. I am worried sick.

Thank you in advance Dr Shannon. I will really appreciate it if you replied back.

HI It is not possible. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and unable to infect. This happens within minutes, so after 5 hours any HIV present would be dead and unable to infect. The important thing to keep in mind is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection to be concerned about that survives longer outside of the body. If you start to have any type of symptoms I would encourage you to see your health care professional for evaluation, but it will not be HIV.

DR.Shannon really worried can you please help
this is 4th time i am asking question, please reply