How likely is transmission in this case?

Hi, my question is like many you probably get on this forum. I'm trying to assess the likelihood that I wind up with HIV. I am a man who foolishly had unprotected vaginal sex with a prostitute a few days ago. It's the only time I've had unprotected sex with a stranger, and it was all over in less than five minutes. I don't know her STD status. I'm trying to figure out when to get tested, as well as how high-risk this risky behavior was.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Anytime you engage in unprotected penetrative sex there is a risk. Since this was a one-time occurrence and you were the insertive partner, the risk was lower. It's likely that transmission DID NOT occur.

I would suggest a full round of STD testing, including HIV at the 90 days mark to be certain.

In the future, remember that condoms are effective in preventing HIV transmission as long as they are used correctly, with condom-safe lubricant, and don't break.

In health,

Richard

Saliva in anus!very worried
confused