Contracting HIV through oral sex, no semen?

I gave a boy oral sex a while ago (no semen involved, he did not cum). 6 days after the event I developed an upset stomach, fever and chills, aches and sore throat. All but the sore throat disappeared in 2 days. Now I have a sore throat that's going away complete with swollen neck lymph nodes and a sore neck.

My question is: is 6 days too soon for HIV symptoms to show? If no cum was involved, what is my risk of HIV transmission? Am I just paranoid?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Yes, six days is too soon. Also, oral sex is very low-risk. Transmission is unlikely. Our stance on oral sex is below:

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low.

Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus.

Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

In health,

Richard

consider you as elder brother.
oral sex