Is 4 weeks enough time for a fairly conclusive hiv test?

Hello Dr. Cordova

I had unprotected sex with a guy 2 nights ago. I'm on birth control, and although he did not use a condom, he did not ejaculate inside of me. I know that that does not mean there is zero possibility of getting per-ejaculatory semen inside of me. I do not know his sexual history and am very nervous for myself. I have read all day that the window is usually up to three months after exposure. If I were to get tested at 4 after this exposure, would that be fairly conclusive? I do understand the I would need to be retested 90 days after exposure to be completely certain. I just don't want to wait 90 days to first be tested, I'm extremely nervous and am hoping that testing at the 4 week mark would be a good indicator of my status. Thank you for you advice.

Thank you again- M

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi M,

It sounds like you have all of the info and answers already. You could go in for a test at 4 weeks. It would be a good indicator of what to expect at 90 days, and yes, please follow-up with a final test at 90 days.

In health,

Richard

Hi Mr. Cordova, can you please answer? Question about receiving oral sex and flu like sx;s within 48 hours
Saliva touching with male chest