Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is dry humping safe for HIV with one partner naked?
Apr 15, 2013

Hello Dr. Richard,I had sex a few days back with a girl I met in a party. And it seems she may be in the high risk category. We were both drunk and we had a dry hump. I was in my underwear and in soft material night pants. She was naked. I ejaculated inside my underwear and we lasted 8-9 minutes.I have no idea if I was stroking directly above her vaginal opening or somewhere around. She cannot even recall the incident in the morning! I read an old question on this forum which said you are safe even if both sides are in their skivvies, which was not the case here. So my anxiety stems most from that. My ejaculate was not enough to wet my night pant. Please be kind to reply to my question.Thank You.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I would not be concerned. You were not at risk in this situation. HIV is not transmitted this way. The virus CANNOT make its way through clothing, and into the bloodstream of an uninfected person.

In health,

Richard

Previous
kissing after treatment
Next
Do these symptoms lean towards me having HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.