The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cant stop crying please help.

Apr 15, 2013

dear shanon, I have let an stranger perform oral sex on me I am a gay. 1. this was the only exposure 2. I asked him to be tested after one week he gave me report on non reactive but I think the report is fake 3. I did immunocomb bispot hiv 1 and 2 test at 11,22,33,54 days all were negative 4. I feel as I am from an developing country and the lab technician gave me report within 20 mins I think my reports are fake. 5. I am non functioning I know the risk of hiv is less by oral sex please say any thing about how can I get my life back. I don't eat much I quit all of my friends I broke my mobile and I left my studies too.. I cry, and I am in great depression please I want u to help me shanon please..

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi, The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low.

I hope this can put you mind at ease and you can move on with life!

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

french kissing low risk/ no risk confuse
thanks but need your urgent advise!!!!///plzzzzz

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint