Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr Shannon please help me.
Apr 15, 2013

This is my story. Eight months ago i went with a sex worker(she had a very bad hygiene,smelld very bad especially her vagina,and she was a drug user)I wear a condom and we had sex for 3 minutes but iam not sure if the condom stayed on ore moved or slipt or got broken. The day after that my scrotum got ren and itchy and my urine was burning.I went to the emrgency and was diagnosed with hydrocele and epydidimitis. Five weeks after sexual contact i had a lot of symptoms(i think related to hiv)like:flu,runny nose,sore throat,joint pain,night sweatin,white tounge,losss of appetite,light fever.My question is why did i have to have all of those symptoms...it wasnt flu season,it wasnt winter,no one else had the flu at that time at home,work or around. Six weeks after my bigist mistake ever i did a hiv test(antiboady 4th genaration)which came back negative. I repeted the same test at 12 and 14 weeks both came back negative. Also i repeated the same test at 6 months and gat a negative result. Please i want to know and to move on ...Do u think i am HIV Negative for sure ?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Your testing history shows that you are HIV free! Testing guidelines are a test at 90 days post exposure as long as there were no other exposures during this time are conclusive. It sounds like you just got a cold or another type of viral infection such as the flu.

Move on and make sure you make better choices in the future!!

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Please Your Expert Opinion Is Desparately Requested...! Im worried
Next
french kissing low risk/ no risk confuse

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.