The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Writing 3rd Time!!!! HIV Viral load RT PCR, i am going to die pls answer

Apr 15, 2013

Dr Please Answer I am Writing 3rd Time - Dear Sir, i have drinked some contaminated cold drinks with Prostitue , I am already STDs HepB , CMV . so i am horrified that i have possed HIV and i have done HIV Viral load PCR where results shown by ,India SRL Pathlab <72 where reference range mentioned <72 but no interpretation is mentioned on report . So i am horrified please let me know it is negative or i posses low Viral load . i have 12 weeks CMIA negative & 11 Weeks Westron Blot negative . Pls help me what is my HIV Status , I do i am infected with HIV. Please Answer I am writing 3rd Time .

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi First, our apologies that you have not recieved an answer to your question sooner. No, you can not get HIV from touching an inanimate object, this includes drinking after someone who has HIV. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time.

Your testing is showing that you are negative. Conclusive testing for you would be at 90 days, but again you did not put yourself at risk by drinking after someone.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Sick after wisdom teeth
Please Your Expert Opinion Is Desparately Requested...! Im worried

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint