Apr 11, 2013
Tested hiv rapid screen negative at 44 weeks. Safe to say I'm "A" ok with no fear of having hiv? Had five other negatives up to this last one.
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The testing guidelines are to be tested 90 days after exposure and as long as during those 90 days there were no exposures the results are conclusive. So with your situation as long as there haven't been any other exposures during you 44 weeks your test is conclusive and you are HIV free.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.