|please answer my ?
Apr 10, 2013
using nonoxynol-9 laytex condoms. how can hiv be transmitted if its intact threw intercourse finish to end.
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi We know that nonoxynol-9 can cause irritation and can lead to HIV transmission so we discourage its use, but with that, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.