Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your Expert Opinion Is Desparately Requested
Apr 8, 2013

Dr. Wohl, I wanted your expert opinion on placing this matter to rest. After a potential exposure back in November i have not been well. i have had night sweats; loss of weight (constipation and diarhea); some fatigue; some rashes, feeling very cold at times - especially at my hands and feet. Out to four months I have now had multiple Elisa's; two RNA PCR's, and one bDNA PCR with all negative results. In your opinion, can I rule out HIV? God bless you, and I eagerly await your response and posssible suggestions.

Response from Dr. Wohl

Please see multiple posts with almost the exact same question. The answer I provided to these and to you is that the testing is very conclusive and your are not HIV infected. There is another cause of for your symptoms.

DW

Previous
my exposure, and test results
Next
bone marrow transplatation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.