looking for aswer

Dear Dr. Shannon, I am sorry for the lengthy question or if this was sent earlier by me but for some reason I did not get your answer , I had a sex with a female during her period , I used condom when I noticed after few insertion she was having her period I pulled out and starting rubbing my penis in her vagina , I felt the condom ripped so I stopped instantly and Jerked off. When she tested after that Sadly she was found HIV positive and stage 3 , surely I am sacred a lot , I went for my test Exactly at the 14th day of this possible exposure , Dr. And Lab suggested 2 type of test 1 is the rapid and 2nd is the Viral DNA. According to lab they used for the rapid p24 4th generation which according to them it detects within 2 to 3 weeks of possible exposure , and thanks god the result came negative The 2nd test results yet to come as it takes 2 days , according to the lab this test detects after 10 days of possible exposure. My questions are 1- Am I at big risk for what had happen bearing in mind all facts including her period and that she is positive and at HIV stage 3 ? 2- How accurate the lab information about the 2 tests detectability ? 3- Any use of what I have done as test in this period or it is just a waist of time and money ? Thanks

Hi The good news is that condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Because you notices that it had broken and you stopped immediately you were still protected. As for her status of having HIV, first there are no stages of HIV, and again because as soon as the condom broke you stopped the risk of exposure is very low. The testing you have had is accurate. They are most likely testing you for the virus or doing a viral load. From your exposure your risk of HIV is extremely low. It's never a waste of money to know your status.

i need help, i am woied
RE: so your saying?????