Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

plzzzzzzzzz help doctor
Apr 8, 2013

Dear dr. Shannon...please help me with your advise on my condition...in dec end last year I deeply kissed a girl at massage parlour..her status unknown...after 10 days around I started feeling fatigue..bodyache and headache...and continued for 5 to 6 days and then I saw a doctor...he performed my yearly normal blood test as it was pending and found all ok and said could be because of stress...I didnt tell him abt my encounter....I felt a bit better for few days and after a week again I startedhaving same symptoms....I was in my native country as I was travelling..so I again saw my doctor around feb midr ( different from earlier doctor))there...doctor saw in my first blood test report..my body fought against hbc and she asked me if I had blood transfusion..I said no but I didnt tell her again about my encounter....she again performed more blood test for urea and ast etc..cbc..and all was fine...she said looks ok and my bpdy fought back the hbc infevtion.....I came back to the country where I work...again I started slight bodyache..fatigue...and I have been reading abt sysmptoms for hiv alot..so again I went to doc march this time and told him now about my encounter...and asked him I am worried...he again performed all blood test and said I am not infected at all...and no need for any test for hiv or std..he said mentally I have absorbed this and have to stop thinking abt this....after 10 days agai now I am feeling a bit tired and havw one swollen ball type in my one of the armpit..also I have started feeling the same at my neck nodes as well......m I infecetd.......I am toooo much worrried...I have a small sweet family and I cant forgive myself for such a shameful act of mine....what u feel doc....do I have any risk??... yes test is the only option but ur experienced views would matter alot for my mental situation...

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi If your only exposure was kissing, HIV is not an issue as it is not transmitted through kissing. If your symptoms continue I would recommend that you continue following up with your healthcare provider. Yes stress and anxiety can cause physical issues as well and so if you are really stressing because of the kiss, please let it go. Again HIV cannot be transmitted through kissing.

Be well, Shannon

Previous
Lying about HIV status
Next
Curios

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.