6 months is 100%
Apr 5, 2013
Antibody test done after 6 months is a guarantee of no chance hiv right regardless of exposure or symptoms? I'm goin back to the doctor tmrw this will be 9 full months or like 43 weeks from exsposure and thinking bout getting another hiv test. I'm a wreck with what's wrong with me.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Yes if you had a test 6 months after exposure and there were no other exposures during this time you are HIV free. There is no reason for continued testing again as long as there have been no other exposures during this time.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does A Person Have Hiv Before It Turns Into Aids?
- Can An Adult Get Infected By Drinking Hiv Breast Milk Once?
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- Hiv And Weight Gain
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Are Blood Donors Screened For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.