Herpes and HIV
Apr 5, 2013
In 2011 I had a culture test done of a vaginal sore that was thought to be herpes the test came back negative. Since then I have had a HIV test done (2012, negative) in the case the the culture results were a false negative could the herpes virus be seen during the observation of the blood sample used to do the HIV test or not because they were only looking for wheather or not I had HIV?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The blood drawn to look for HIV is only used for that. If the doctor orders to look for the herpes virus they will look for that as well but only if ordered. They are different types of tests so again the test for HIV would not detect herpes.
Be well, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Effects In Men If Untreated
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.