Herpes and HIV

In 2011 I had a culture test done of a vaginal sore that was thought to be herpes the test came back negative. Since then I have had a HIV test done (2012, negative) in the case the the culture results were a false negative could the herpes virus be seen during the observation of the blood sample used to do the HIV test or not because they were only looking for wheather or not I had HIV?

Hi The blood drawn to look for HIV is only used for that. If the doctor orders to look for the herpes virus they will look for that as well but only if ordered. They are different types of tests so again the test for HIV would not detect herpes.

Be well, Shannon

Non seroconversion!!!!!
6 months is 100%