Non seroconversion!!!!!

Is this real!!!! Does it happen anymore with the antibody tests now says when done after the "window period"?? Am I completely ok with my 6 month negative for hiv and all stds?? I have no other methods of testing for hiv in the city I live in. Antibody only tests are all we have!!! No combo or RNA tests. I still have excessive eye floaters, muscle fatigue and twitching, weird and dis colored bowel movements, white tongue with constant inflamed taste buds most the time with white around them, eyes sensitive to light as well. Extremely dry scalp, lymphnodes that hurt, and all started after one episode of unprotected vaginal sex. 4 negative std and hiv 1/2 tests along with hepatitis out to 6 months. Then I read about non seroconverters with rapid progression to aids and death. I'm only 26 yrs old and was told I have a normal immune system! Am I in the clear? Plz plz plz I beg of you for mine and my girlfriends sake.

Hi There is no such thing as non seroconverters. If someone is infected with HIV they will develop antibodies against it and test positive. The guidelines for testing are to be tested at 90 days post exposure and the results are conclusive as long as there were no other exposures during this time.

I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for continued evaluation of your symptoms but from what you have described from your testing history it is not HIV.

Be well, Shannon

French Kissing and Nipple bitting HIV?
Herpes and HIV