Apr 5, 2013
Why do you say that even when a condom is properly used and does not break, or fail or slip, HIV transmission can occur? Do you believe that HIV can pass through latex? Thank u, Regards
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The team who answers questions here just had some conversation specifically regarding this question and this is our answer: Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Rubbing Vagina?
- Can You Contract HIV From Touching Feces?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Risk Of Getting HIV
- Is Headache A Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.