What is wrong?

I want to ask you something. So you insist on two things, first thaat condoms still don't protect, and second that people have to test at the 12th week for a conclusive result. Does that mean that I sill have to pay STRESS AND ANXIETY for 12 WEEKS because I had protected sex? I guess we need to change the way we inform people then. Instead of telling people use condoms then once they do tell them that you have to wait 12 weeks lets just tell people that condom don't protect insteading of advertising for condoms all around the world!!!

Hi I'm sorry for any confusion or added anxiety. The team who answers questions had conversation about this specific topic and we all agree that Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based.

As for testing, the guidelines is to be test 90 days post exposure and if no other exposures happened during this time then the results are conclusive.

Condom effectiveness
Condom Question