HIV Transmission is not a question of Maybe!

This is a statement: after 18+ years together, 14 of them playing safe with my husband, my husband asked my HIV Dr. if it was OK. to play without a condom since I had been undetectable for years (32+ years poz) The Dr, said yes and this past winter my husband turned poz. I was uncomfortable with playing without a condom and unforyunately I was right. I never came inside , always pulling out and I ALWAYS took my meds. I have been undetectable for 28+ years yet my husband is now poz. My suggestion is to ALWAYS WEAR YOUR RUBBERS! We used to be a mixed status couple.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thank you for writing in. As we start to make changes in how we view HIV prevention i.e. PrEP, sero-sorting, and treatment as prevention, it's important to acknowledge that situations like this DO occur.

I am sorry that your partner was infected in this way. I'm sure this is challenging for both of you (for different reasons), but I am confident that after 18 years of being together, and you being positive for 32 years, you will both work through this together.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and best of luck to you both.

In health,

Richard

Hiv indeterminate with one positive antibody?
I Need Some Advice and Have Noone to Talk To.