Hiv indeterminate with one positive antibody?

I had not had oral or vabinal sex with my Spouse for a month prior to test. I had a Hiv test at docs office. He said it was indeterminate with one positive antibody? He refuses to test again for a month. I tried a. At home hiv Saliva test. It was negative. I am hypothyroid. What does this mean.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Thanks for writing in. I am not sure what you mean by "one positive antibody". I can tell you that an indeterminate result can be from a number of things, including a faulty test or an early infection.

If you and your spouse are monogamous, and have both tested negative, then infection is impossible. The negative test you did at home is a good indicator that as of 28 days ago you were negative, and as of 90 days ago you were conclusively negative.

I would follow the advice of your doctor and retest in a month.

In health,

Richard

Broken Condomes with sex worker
HIV Transmission is not a question of Maybe!