Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please respond
Apr 3, 2013

I'm really scared devido risk a relationship I had for more than nine weeks in which the condom broke me and I scrape a little penis, since I'm on alert and insertidumbre killing me. So I do a HIV test at 9 weeks with 4 days and the result was as follows:

HIV antibodies 1-2 and HIV p24 antigen

RESULTS - nonreactive (0.20)

REFERENCE VALUES - nonreactive (less than 1.0) Method used: Microparticle Chemiluminescence (CMIA) for the simultaneous qualitative detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to the virus Human Immunodeficiency Type 1 and 2 Abbott Architect - Note: Should be REAGENT this analysis suggests practicing confirmatory test (Western blot). I wonder if this method is a 4th Generation Elisa and how reliable this result could be because the value (0.20) baffles me. I appreciate the attention, Many Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The 2.0 indicates a value that is still considered non-reactive or negative. This is a 4th generation test. Since this is a combo test (testing for antibodies, and the p24 antigen), I am confident that your 9 week, and 4 day result is accurate. However, I would recommend a antibody test at 90 days just to be certain. I am confident the result will be negative.

I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

Previous
What would be the reasons?
Next
Broken Condomes with sex worker

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.