|What would be the reasons?
Apr 3, 2013
To antibody test past 6 months? Or is 6 months the for sure mark no matter what your exsposure or what symptoms you still have?
| Response from Mr. Cordova
Three months is the "for sure" mark. The six month window is outdated. The tests we have now are sensitive enough to pick up an infection by 28 days for most people, and the rest by 90 days.
A negative result at 90 days is considered conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will There Ever Be A Cure For Hpv Genital Warts Infection?
- Where Do Herpes Show Up Inside Your Mouth?
- When Does Herpes Symptoms Appear After Infection?
- What Percentage Of People In The Usa Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Do Herpes On Lips Look Like?
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.