|Seroconversion after 3 days?
Apr 3, 2013
Hi, I really could do with some advice from an expert, so I implore someone to reply. I had unprotected sex, and three days later came down with a seroconversion like illness. It lasted for about a day and a half or so, and am worried out of my mind. I've read online that seroconversion happens 1-4 weeks after exposure, but could really do with some expert knowledge.
Thank you so much if you can get back to me.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
If you became ill so quickly after the encounter I would seek medical care. You can be tested for acute HIV but also other infections that can be acquired via such encounters. DW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Does Seroconversion Normally Happen?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.