Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Big mistake!
Apr 2, 2013

Hello, Eight weeks back I had a sexual encounter and as I'm always careful I gave my friend a condom which he used. Midway through vaginal sex, it came out and I realised he'd took the condom off which I really wasn't happy about because I wouldn't have had sex with him if he didn't wear it and he didn't tell me! After this I didn't continue having sex with him and he hadn't ejaculated. A few days later I went to get tested and realised how long you have to wait in the uk to get an accurate (for sure) reading 12 weeks. The lady said chances are if I get a negative result ill be negative which I don't believe. This was a one off as I never have one night stands and have never had an std. I'm going to get checked again in two days when the clinic is open but I'm driving myself crazy because of what's happened and have since heard he has been sleeping around alot. Please give me some advice!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

By 28 days, most people will have built up enough antibodies that can be detected by a test. At eight weeks I would expect your result to be the same as the result you receive at 90 days. You should still go in for a test at 90 days just to be sure.

In regards to your friend, I would sit him down for a serious talk about what IS and what IS NOT ok. Taking off the condom is NOT OK.

In health,

Richard

Previous
broken condom receptive anal: help
Next
Doubt about window period

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.