Big mistake!

Hello, Eight weeks back I had a sexual encounter and as I'm always careful I gave my friend a condom which he used. Midway through vaginal sex, it came out and I realised he'd took the condom off which I really wasn't happy about because I wouldn't have had sex with him if he didn't wear it and he didn't tell me! After this I didn't continue having sex with him and he hadn't ejaculated. A few days later I went to get tested and realised how long you have to wait in the uk to get an accurate (for sure) reading 12 weeks. The lady said chances are if I get a negative result ill be negative which I don't believe. This was a one off as I never have one night stands and have never had an std. I'm going to get checked again in two days when the clinic is open but I'm driving myself crazy because of what's happened and have since heard he has been sleeping around alot. Please give me some advice!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

By 28 days, most people will have built up enough antibodies that can be detected by a test. At eight weeks I would expect your result to be the same as the result you receive at 90 days. You should still go in for a test at 90 days just to be sure.

In regards to your friend, I would sit him down for a serious talk about what IS and what IS NOT ok. Taking off the condom is NOT OK.

In health,

Richard

broken condom receptive anal: help
Doubt about window period