Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

immunocomb bispot.. not in archive. beg for help
Apr 2, 2013

I am glad and i respect all of you people there doing the best job out there.. dear shanon.. plz give me some light abour the accuracy of bispot immuno comb at 4 weeks.. and also plz tel me iz it a 2nd genration method.. i live in very rural vilage in india my only hope is you.. i am verry much scared. I received oral sex frm a men 5 weaks ago. And i dnt have any cut on my penis bt i thnk if his blood came in my urethra and infect me. I am so worried i feel like i will go mad. I left my mba double graduation cz of this stress m gnt through. M spoiling my life for just this blow job.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The testing guidelines are to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days and if there are no other exposures during this time than the results of the test are conclusive. Also, oral sex carries THE lowest risk of HIV transmission. The other thing to remember is there are other sexually transmitted infections that are more easily transmitted than HIV. Especially with having multiple partners, but again HIV would be last on the list with oral sex.

The only way to truly know your status is to get tested so that you can get back to life!

Be well, Shannon

Previous
Rubbing risk for hiv
Next
broken condom receptive anal: help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.