Seroconversion

Dr. I had a unprotected receptive anal sex. After 6 months I did HIV Combo test and Hepa C and B antibody test. Would these be conclusive for these STD. I am concerned with late or non seroconverters. Will p24 antigen be helpful and be present in this instance if there is a late converter or no antibody production? Do I need more test like PCR or this is conclusive.

Most people would say you are done with testing for these infections. However, in cases of extreme anxiety (or repeated pleas for experts to answer a post) I try to erase unwarranted fear of HIV infection by recommending a p24 or HIV RNA test. These tests look for virus itself, as you know, and take antibodies out of the equation.

The question is whether someone with a fixation on HIV infection will trust even this added evidence of the absence of infection. I think they should.

Cvc Test
Do you agree with that?