Doctor Shannon sorry for being annoying but final final question?
Apr 1, 2013
Dr Shannon thank you for all your help and advise in the previous posts. My test is this Wednsday and I forgot to ask a simple but curious question. If I received I unprotective oral sex does that put me at risk?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. If this were the only risk someone participated in, our recommendation to someone would be that HIV testing was not warranted, again only if this was the only exposure.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Color Is The Discharge From Gonorrhea?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginitis?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.