Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sex with sex worker possibly condom failure
Apr 1, 2013

Hi, at first i want to thank you all for your attention .I had sex with a sex worker on 05/03 , i used condom and it did not break. I had two intercourses, the first ocurred during two minutes aprox. and the second 5 minutes aprox. I am concerned because of the thoughts i have listed bellow:

1 - Before we start sex, she went to the bathroom and i heard she washing her vagina, and i think she used some lubricant and i dont know what kind was it . In case of it was an oil-based one, considering the time of the intercourse, 2 and later 5 minutes (obviously with one condom for each intercourse)what is the risk that i was exposed to hiv? non existent ?,rare ?, very very low ?, low?, medium or High? Can the oil do a damage to the condom so fast that the virus can pass thru and infect me?

2 - After the first intercourse, i slid my index finger and the thumb over the condom and touched the liquid ( i dont know if it was lubricant she used, vaginal fluid (i think she didnt get excited sexually)or the condom lubricant or even all mixed . I touched the top of a long neck beer i was drinking. I ask, My lips were chapped i drank the beer, is it possible get infected this way?

3- is it possible a person get infected using a condom correctly, i mean during all sexual act and the condom dont break?

i will really appreciate your comments.

regards,

Luiz

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi It's good that she washed herself prior to your starting. If she did use an oil based lubricant the concern is that the condom will break as long as it does not break than the risk is decreased. 2. You cannot get HIV from casual contact, touching fluid doesn't put you at risk as long as there were no fresh open wounds and getting from drinking from the bottle is not possible. 3. There is never a 100% guarantee but the likelihood of HIV transmission when proper precautions are used dramatically reduced.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
I'm really scared and worried! Please help me experts. please i beg you. Clear my doughts!!!
Next
Doctor Shannon sorry for being annoying but final final question?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.