The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please help

Mar 31, 2013

Hi, 8 or 9 years ago, when i was just a kid some older guys from my street told me to drink beer from a bottle, and it had some white liquid around the place you put your mouth so i guess they put something in it, so i was wondering if it was semen or even blood could i get infected with hiv? I just took a sip, didn't have any mouth sores, i bite my mouth but not to the extent that it bleeds as the are just small cuts that don't bleed, and i don't recall biting them at that time, so the question is could i get infected with hiv if there was semen or blood in the bootle of beer or if some of that liquid from the bottle touched my lips. The reason i am asking this is that i got a rash about 5-6 months ago that comes and goes, light red dots that don't itch and I had a flu that lasted 4 days with high fever like a week ago, and i started to feel a small tingling in my right foot yesterday when i cross my legs or put one feet on the other. Am i just overreacting or? Thanks in advance

Greetings from Europe

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The risk of HIV transmission in your experience is extremely low to non existent. There are other bacterias and viruses out there that you may have picked up but the likelihood of it being HIV is very small. If your symptoms continue I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

thanks everybody
Frottage risk Please Help

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint