Puncturing Toe with Earring in Swimming Pool

Is there any risk of HIV or Hepatitis by stepping on and puncturing my toe in a swimming pool with someone elses earring? I did have to pull the earring out and there was some bleeding as it went in quite far. Thank you.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

For HIV, there is absolutely no risk (the contact needs to be directly with the person living with HIV, which was not the case).

For Hepatitis, the water in the swimming pool would most probably wash away blood left on the earring. Also, the earring would be so small that there wouldn't be much blood on it to begin with.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Contact with a HIV positive person
Anal Sex w/ Condom. Ejaculated IN Condom. Risk?