getting symptoms over a lengthy period, very worried

Hello Eric I am a 20 year old female and am very concerned about a varity of symptoms i have been experiencing over the past 2 months, after having unprotected vaginal sex with a heterosexual male for about a muinit.

The symptoms iv been having are very messed up and i am unsure as the relivance. Symptoms started after about a week of the encounter when i developed a sore throat and swollen tonsils but there where not servire, i had difficulty swallowing but that's all. I went to see my gp about it, he put me on antibiotics and things seemed to get better but Tue swelling never really went fully down.

Over the following week i experienced some chernings in my stomach and a lot of wind. I also experienced an irregular light period. Exactly two weeks after The encounter i was looking up symptoms on the internet and learnt that swollen lymph nodes are a symptom of hiv, so i started checking and found a single swollen lymph in my groin and really stated to panic.

That day, i went to my gp about the lymph who said it was an infection, he gave me more antibiotics. The same day i went to my local std clinic to have a full screaning to try and settle my mind. At the clinic they told me that because i was on antibiotics it could hide some stds. They also told me i had vaginal thrush and gave me treatment. They explained to me that my swollen lymph could he due to thrush and my irregular bleeding could also be due to thrush or due to the fact that i had just started the pill.

The day after being checked i came down with a slight fever and experienced the following symptoms over the duration of about a week or two: -headache -eye strain -abdominal pain left and right -nausea -i was sick once but not vilantly -swollen tonsils no pain

During this time i finished my antibiotics and the lymph in my groin had settled but my tonsils where still swollen with no pain. Over the following two months iv been very depressed and have developed an anxiety problem. I stated looking up more symptoms, checking my lymph nodes constantly and have found what i think are swollen lymph nodes in my groin, armpit and many in my neck and all areas are painful. I still get abdominal pain from time totime, i had a very heavy painful period this month which made my sick and i have just woke up this morning to my tolsils being very sore.

I have had blood tests for mono which came back negative, i have had a very light pink rash in the lymph creases of my arms and itchy skin when i was on the amoxicillin antibiotic.

So here are my questions: 1) can primary hiv symptoms appear very slowly like this over the duration of 2 months ? 2) when given antibiotics for my tonsilse they did get rid of the white spots that where on them, of it was hiv would antibiotics still do this ? 3) why after 2 months of being swollen have my tonsilis only just started being painful ? 4) could some of my symptoms like The rash for example be reaction to amoxicillin, iv taken so many different course of antibiotics that i don't know weather my symptoms are just reactions. 5) iv developed a very bad case of anxiety, could i be making myself worse by overthinking, worrying and obsesivly checking my lymph ? 6) could my mono blood test be a false negative 7) could stress be the reason why my enlarged tonsilse arent going down ? 8) what are my chances of contracting hiv from a heterosexual male ?

Thankyou for reading my esay, sorry its so long but i really need help. I have had a blood test for hiv which came back negative but then i realised i was in my window period, so iv booked in for another at the 3 month mark. Im so so scared and my anxiety is very bad, please help me.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

1) Yes 2) Yes 3) A better question for your doctor 4) Rashes can be caused by countless things 5) Absolutely 6) Again, a better question for your doctor 7) A definitely possibility there!

8) There is risk from the sex you had. But remember, just because there's risk doesn't mean you are going to get infected. The trouble with looking at symptoms for HIV is that those symptoms are the same as tons of other things. TONS. So at the end of the day, how would you know if you're infected with HIV or something else? The answer: looking at your initial risk and getting tested. Fortunately you're doing both.

Good for your in getting your three month test! That'll give you the last of the information you need to move forward. While it may be difficult, I would encourage you in the meantime to NOT LOOK UP SYMPTOMS OF HIV anymore.. it's not going to help. In fact it'll probably just make you feel more anxious.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Can hiv be spread from hari trimmer?
do i need to be really worried