Canker sore and blood on food

Hello The other day while making a grilled. cheese sandwiches my uncle took a couple bites of a sandwich afterwards he put the half eated peice down and put a newly made sandwich on top of the peice he had biten off of if he had an open cut in is mouth and blood got on his half eaten piece and the the blood transferred onto my sandwich could I be at risk of hiv? Also I had an irritated throat and a canker sore at the time I ate the sandwich

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk of getting HIV from the situation you're talking about.

There would need to be a blood with HIV coming out of someone's body and going immediately and directly inside your body. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN in your case. Not even close.

My question to you is, does your uncle have HIV? If he does, it'd probably be good to reach out and educate yourself on the ins and outs of HIV transmission. We still live in a world that is cruel to people living with HIV. Where they are faced with suspicion as if they could pass HIV easily and frequently to the people around them (WHICH ISN'T THE CASE AT ALL).

Our archives here have tons of information to get you started. Feel free to explore our site.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV, TB or HEP-B after Nipple Sucking!
Body Slide