A lot of blood from stranger on open scrap

Hello, The other day I came across a man on the street with a severe head wound. I took my scarf and held it to his head until the ambulance got there. After the fact I realized that not only did the blood seep through my scarf onto my hand (where I had cuts about 6 hours old) but that I had been kneeling in his blood! My pantyhose were covered in blood and it just so happened that I had fallen and scratched my leg (pretty superficially) in that same spot moments before this whole incident.

I know there are a lot of similar questions like this out there but I feel like nothing fits my exact situation. How deep/new do wounds need to be for transfer to occur?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question and thank you for helping in such a serious situation!

In terms of what makes up a "deep/new" wound, it really depends on how deep the wound was in the first place.

For instance, if I got a paper cut.. that's pretty small and will close up relatively fast. It also wouldn't be very deep (which I know because of what cut me and the lack of bleeding)

However, if I cut myself with broken glass where I had to apply pressure and wrap in a bandage.. that may take some time to heal (i.e. close up).

The interesting thing about your case though is that it doesn't sound like your cuts were covered (an assumption, i know). Which makes me think they were pretty superficial. And superficial cuts that are 6 hours old sound closed up to me.

Remember though that I don't have all the details on my end, that's something that you're going to know better than me. A good test though is whether or not you were still bleeding yourself, which sounds like it wasn't the case (another assumption?)

Hope this helps and gets you closer to an answer!

Erik

No body is answering please reply for GOD SAKE
HIV, TB or HEP-B after Nipple Sucking!