Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

No body is answering please reply for GOD SAKE
Mar 31, 2013

Hi I had a protected sex with a prostitute last november, we had vaginal penetration twice and both time used condom. The condom never slipped. After 3-4 weeks I suffered from fever and sore throat . I asked the doctor at thebody.com he communicated you are not at risk of HIV however for the peace of mind you can get tested. I haven't been tested yet as i will get tested next month. Now the issue is for last five days a large bump appeared on my forehead "size of two kidney beans" out of no where. I visited the doc day before yesterday he has given me antibiotics but I am afraid that this lymph node on my forehead is because of HIV. Please help me as I am going to be married next month I am really depressed:-(

Response from Mr. Glenn

It sounds like the issue here is that you're having trouble listening and really taking in our information about HIV.

At that point it's really about talking to a person face to face in your life that can help you manage these irrational feelings and help you accept there is no risk if you use a condom.

My question to you then is: are you able to reach out to a therapist or counselor and say "how can i believe that i had no risk for HIV? how can i move on and be happy?"

It may take some time, but the work on your end is going to be about believing what we're telling you. If we repeat the same information over and over and you're still having trouble hearing us, then we're back where we started. And we want to make sure that you feel better not just for a little while, but for the long term (and it's definitely possible!)

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Please help, asking for days now
Next
A lot of blood from stranger on open scrap

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.