Possible blood on toilet paper in public bathroom

I had to go to the bathroom really badly to wee. I dont like sitting on the seat and hover over it so i dont touch it. When u was finished and turned around to flush the toilet I noticed a light red stain on the sear and stains on the floor. I flushed the toilet and went to wash my hands. Once I left I thought what if there was blood on the toilet paper and I didn't see it and have become very anxious thinking about it. The roll wasnt in the toilet roll holder just sitting on top so you had to pick it up to get some off. Is it possible to get HIV or Hepc from blood on toilet paper if it was there and I used it to wipe myself after I finished (I'm obviously female). It's really freaking me out

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Even if you touched the toilet paper and there was blood on it, you would not have been at risk for HIV. There needs to be an immediate and direct transfer of fluid for there to be risk for HIV. For Hepatitis C, infection can occur from dry blood BUT it still needs a way to get inside your body, which would not happen from merely touching it (which doesn't even sound like happened!)

If these kind of thoughts haunt you on a regular basis, it may be time to follow up with a mental health professional (e.g. therapist, counselor) who can help you build the skills to manage all those irrational thoughts.

Hope this helps!

Erik

about being infected to hiv
Please help, asking for days now