blood donation scare

Hi I regularly give blood. The last time I gave blood the person that was taking the blood did not change his gloves. He removed two other people's needles, and bandaged their arms. Also before he removed my needle he wrote something down on the other persons paper, looked at my paper and then clamped the tubes to my donation. I am worried if there was any blood on his gloves could I be at risk? I know HIV doesn't live long outside of the body. I am worried about when he removed the needle from my arm. What if he touched the area the needle was in? Help I am really worried and I do suffer from anxiety. Thank you.

Hi The process of giving blood does not pose a risk for HIV transmission. There has to be a direct immediate exchange of body fluid through sex, sharing needles and mother's breast milk in order for HIV transmission to be a threat. Your experience did not pose a risk. Yes HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and becomes unable to infect.

Very woried mom of toddler!!
Possible Exposure extremely worried