Very woried mom of toddler!!
Mar 30, 2013
I have kinda a strange question but I was at the park and a strangers dog jumped on a man I didnt know then jumped on my sons leg seconds later that caused a scratch that didnt look to bleed. My question is can hiv be spread this way if the man that got scratched and was bleeding and got on the dogs claw then scratched my sons leg seconds later does this pose any kind of risk? Thanks for your advice my son is only two.
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi No risk involved here for HIV transmission. HIV transmission happens when there is an immediate direct exchange of body fluid through sex, sharing needles or mother's breast milk. What your son experienced is considered casual contact which does not carry a risk for HIV transmission.
be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.