HIV infection from open cut

Please help me with this apprehension. I asked someone (I suspect with HIV) outside a pub for a cigarette. He took it out from his pack using his fingers holding the filter and gave me. I lit it immediately and smoked the cigarette. Later I realized that what if he had small cut on his finger tip which could have passed HIV infected blood on to the filter. Since I had put the filter on my lips for smoking , the blood traces may have passed on to my system if my lips had micro cuts. Can it infect me with HIV?

HI This is not a way for HIV transmission to occur. If indeed there happened to be blood on the cigarette, HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. There would have to be a significant amount of blood on the cigarette, you would have to have an new open wound on your lip. The person of course would have to have HIV, not be on medication which would lead to a high viral load. So you can see with all of the things would have to be just right for transmission to occur.

You are fine, Be well and stay safe, Shannon

3 month negative..asked infinite no. of times pl pl pl answer
micro red pin like red spots..