please help..!! Urgent..I beg..!!

Hello Doctor, I am a 23 year old guy. I am having sucidial thoughts from the past 2 months. Tried to give up everything but the still have some hope..it started 2 months back. I was totally drunk and I went to a sex worker. I kissed her first but that was for only 3-4 seconds. She refused to kiss me and we didn't kiss after that. Then we had UNPROTECTED Oral sex ( Given and received) the hiv status of the girl is unknown but she seemed to be clean with no marks or cuts on her body. I gave her oral for about 10 mins.then she gave me unprotected oral. I was unaware that HiV can also be transmitted through oral.

Before sex I wore a condom and inserted just twice and then I thought it would be risky. She gave me a handjob and it was done.

After 5 days of this incident suddenly one morning I started feeling extremely weak and was fatigue. I used to sleep the whole day. After 15 days of this sexual activity I got a normal cbc blood test done followed by vitamins, thyroid, sugar, urine and liver. Every report was normal except the vitamin d level. My vitamin d level was 10 and according to my doctor I was feeling weak because of that.I didn't tell my doctor about the sex worker incident as he is my family doctor and m afraid that he would tell my parents. This weakness lasted for 40 days almost. I started taking vitamin D tablets and a course of 3 injections in 30 days. Now it has been more than 2 months and I am feeling fine after having the injections and vitamin medicines. The only symptom I had is fatigue, weakness, and muscle pain (specially legs) that's it.

What do u think is this deficiency related to HIV. Is it possible for the vitamin d level to go down in 2 weeks after the sexual contraction. Am I infected with HIV ? Please answer my question. I need a piece of mind or else I would end up doing something stupid very stupid :(

I have a good oral health. No bleeding gums, no ulcers nothing also at the time of sexual contact. I am afraid of going for a HIV test. Please I would be greatful to you and give a contribution to your organisation as I believe helping others Is the only way to help yourself.. Please its a humble request. Please please please.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Your risk sounds VERY minimal for HIV. The mouth is not a good way to get or give HIV, especially when you have good oral health (which you mentioned). And that's the only part of your sex that had anything to do with risk for HIV.

By all means, feel free to get a check up at the 3 month period (you're very close!) to confirm your status. But remember, your risk was so very low.

If you ever are feeling so anxious and sad that you're considering harm to yourself or others, please reach other for help. There are many resources around and people who will listen. One resource is the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800-273-8255).

Sometimes it can help to find a trusted person to talk to about your anxiety. This can be a best friend or even a mental health professional.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Please Help Me
is this sign of aids?