|Dr. W: Fear To Live, Now What
Mar 23, 2013
My risk was Nov. 6, 2012. I sucked the breast of a stripper. (dont think I tasted fluid, never know)
At the end of December 2012 I developed dry mouth particularly at night. (I did have antibiotics in oct 2012, november 2012 and the end of december 2012)
Jan 25, 2013 I developed oral thrush.
I tested with antibody test 25 days after the thrush and 15 weeks after the risk, negative. (Also tested week 10, 12 and 13)
1. Did I have a risk?
2. If my thrush was due to ARS would my test have been positive 25 days after onset 15 weeks after risk?
I reffered to this from archives;
The short lived drop in T-cells in rare cases has lead to an opportunistic infection but that is extremely rare and those folks have antibodies to HIV show up.
3. Can I stop testing and sleep with my wife regardless of the symptoms I had?
** I may have seen another thrush on my cheek this past Saturday or I bit cheek.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
There was no risk here. Sucking on the nipple of a partner will not transmit HIV. Babies can get infected via breastfeeding but that is FEEDING not licking. They are ingesting great amounts of virus and have different immune and gastrointestinal systems than a grown man sucking at a stripper's breast.
Your testing is negative. So are you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.