Dr. W: Fear To Live, Now What

My risk was Nov. 6, 2012. I sucked the breast of a stripper. (dont think I tasted fluid, never know)

At the end of December 2012 I developed dry mouth particularly at night. (I did have antibiotics in oct 2012, november 2012 and the end of december 2012)

Jan 25, 2013 I developed oral thrush.

I tested with antibody test 25 days after the thrush and 15 weeks after the risk, negative. (Also tested week 10, 12 and 13)

1. Did I have a risk?

2. If my thrush was due to ARS would my test have been positive 25 days after onset 15 weeks after risk?

I reffered to this from archives;

The short lived drop in T-cells in rare cases has lead to an opportunistic infection but that is extremely rare and those folks have antibodies to HIV show up.

3. Can I stop testing and sleep with my wife regardless of the symptoms I had?

** I may have seen another thrush on my cheek this past Saturday or I bit cheek.

There was no risk here. Sucking on the nipple of a partner will not transmit HIV. Babies can get infected via breastfeeding but that is FEEDING not licking. They are ingesting great amounts of virus and have different immune and gastrointestinal systems than a grown man sucking at a stripper's breast.

Your testing is negative. So are you.

Can anaemic person use Combavir (lamivudine/zidovudine)?
licking vagina with chapped lips