Mar 22, 2013
Hello, about four years ago, I had anal sex with a friend but I'm not sure if she is hiv +, but I barely went in too deep and it wasnt for too long. I am just petrified for some reason. I have not shown any symptoms however. Please tell me if I could have gotten it or not?!
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- Engaging in insertive unprotected anal sex would be considered a risk for acquiring HIV infection. I would not use lack of symptoms as a reason not to test. I would recommend HIV testing to ensure you are negative. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- I Have Bright Red Vaginal Discharge And Odor
- Can Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Getting Hep C From A Scratch
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.